Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Spring in my step

It’s finally sunny out so I got to take you out today. You’d been hanging in my closet since we got together, teasing me with your cheerfulness. I wanted us to be out together. I wanted to shout our new relationship to the world. But it was too soon. I knew that if we went out together, we’d be greeted with nothing but cold indifference. You couldn’t keep me sheltered from that kind of reaction. You aren’t strong enough to stand up to the task. It’s not your fault, you just weren’t meant for that. You were meant to stroll along with me in the warmth of a spring sun. You were made for fair weather, not for the harsh winter of my discontent.

But today, a new day dawned. A day that rose without fog, rain or a cloud in the sky. A day that promised highs of 12 degrees. A day that screamed - you and me baby, together at last. I thought about what else I’d wear when I finally took you out for the world to see. I wanted us to look perfect together. I wanted everyone else to see us and know that we belonged. I chose a pink sweater with white cuffs, a swirly charcoal skirt, pink tights in the same shade as my sweater and a pair of ballerina slippers. And then, I carefully took you off the hanger and draped you over my shoulders. You soothed me with your bright colour and your light weight. Your calm cream base splashed with light and dark pink flowers wrapped me in happiness. I threw a scarf around my neck, my one concession to the slight breeze that hinted to the season just passed, but it was silk instead of wool and its brilliant colours complemented yours.

As I stepped out into the bright sunlight of the first true spring day, I breathed in the warm air and lightly stroked your side (my side). You felt good. You looked good. And I looked good because of you. I know it’s too soon to say for sure - we’ve only been out once and I’ve known you for less than two weeks - but I think I love you. I think you are the best spring coat I’ve ever had. It’s possible that the weather is getting to me. That the combination of the warmth of the sun, and the budding trees and flowers, have placed a bloom on you that won’t last until the summer sun makes you irrelevant. I might forget all about you when the weather turns again and I head out the door in nothing but shirtsleeves. But right now, you are the symbol of the end of my misery and I couldn’t be happier to have you in my life. Thank you spring coat. Thank you very much.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, Titswiggle, are bloody certifiable.
-Potsie

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(1) that was an extraordinarily polite post. Not just "thank you," you said, but "thank you very much." Really, quite remarkable.

(2) when someone who calls themselves "Potsie" calls you certifiable, well, I don't know. How do you take that?

Thank you very much for this post.
-Cecil Vortex

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Discount Hydro!

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russia - forever!
www.goldcookies.com


http://goldcookies.com/index.php
http://goldcookies.com/mcafee-for-mac.html
http://goldcookies.com/mcafee-site.html

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home